How I Got to Madison Avenue. And beyond.

As with life, this blog is developing and changing. It began with a lot of stories that occurred on my career path from Albany to Madison Avenue and back.

There were some similarities to the AMC series "Mad Men," and then I went even farther back in time with a somewhat fictionalized version of growing up in Troy's Little Italy.

And now, a new development. As my free lance advertising and marketing career winds down, I'm becoming more interested in the theatre arts that my father and his 3 brothers helped instill in me as I grew up.

As a result, I've volunteered to help promote the Theatre Institute at Sage, and now, to continue a long-interrupted desire to be behind the proscenium, I've joined the newly formed Troy Civic Theatre, and was actually fortunate enough to appear in their first production.

So, I hope you'll enjoy the new stories that will develop from this latest turn.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Not Everyone Sings In The Shower

That was the first thing I learned at the auditions for “Godspell,” which will be the spring 2012 offering of the Troy Civic Theatre, the area's newest theatre group.

After playing a featured role in the company's first offering, an enhanced staged reading of "The Trial of Ebenezer Scrooge," I became a paid member and offered to help with their marketing and publicity efforts.

I assigned myself the task of observing the first night of auditions for the musical, which, appropriately, will be presented at the Chapel & Cultural Center on Burdett Avenue in Troy, NY, in April.

I'd never been to a musical audition before, despite my years of writing and casting tv commercials for the likes of Quaker State Motor Oil, Curad bandages, Krystal Restaurants, Dairylea products and CSEA.

I'm hoping to expand on the insider's view that I gained into the process, which includes, of course, singing, reading parts and dancing.

Meanwhile, I'll try to keep learning and sharing in this new venture which promises to bring a lot of quality entertainment to the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment