How I Got to Madison Avenue. And beyond.

As with life, this blog is developing and changing. It began with a lot of stories that occurred on my career path from Albany to Madison Avenue and back.

There were some similarities to the AMC series "Mad Men," and then I went even farther back in time with a somewhat fictionalized version of growing up in Troy's Little Italy.

And now, a new development. As my free lance advertising and marketing career winds down, I'm becoming more interested in the theatre arts that my father and his 3 brothers helped instill in me as I grew up.

As a result, I've volunteered to help promote the Theatre Institute at Sage, and now, to continue a long-interrupted desire to be behind the proscenium, I've joined the newly formed Troy Civic Theatre, and was actually fortunate enough to appear in their first production.

So, I hope you'll enjoy the new stories that will develop from this latest turn.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Super Bowl Follow-up


I don't usually do this, but after reading Pete Iorizzo's column in today's Albany Times Union about Pick Boy, and laughing so hard that I came perilously close to a "spit take," I'm turning today's entry over to videos and articles about former area resident Jeff Sutphen, AKA Pick Boy.

Enjoy.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/01/31/fabled-pick-man-among-media-day-menagerie/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYyDmClJfJ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKioClmNcqk

1 comment:

  1. Just found out my old friend, Doug Cole, taught Jeff at Marist. It's all becoming clear now. ; > )

    ReplyDelete